Take a moment right now to reflect on your own practice, in light of the videos you watched regarding psychosocial issues for providing care and support for clients/patients who live with HIV. Please use the following questions as a guide for your reflection.
- What events from HIV/AIDS history hold significance for you as someone working with HIV positive people today?
- Do you practice as part of an interprofessional health care team? If so, how well do you collaborate and are there ways to improve? If not, are there ways you can develop or enhance interprofessional practice (even if you are not situated in the same provider organization)?
- How would you assess the unique concerns of your newly diagnosed HIV positive patient/client in your setting?
- In addition to providing information about the test, what questions would you ask of a person who is presenting for HIV testing?
- How can you help patients/clients prepare for treatment in your setting? What are some of things you would assess?
- What are the vulnerabilities of the clients/patients with whom you work?