This posting will be internal and external simultaneously with preference given to internal candidates first.
Treatment Health and Wellness Coordinator
Full-time 35 Hours/week
Reporting to: Director of Programs and Services
Start Date: Oct 16, 2015
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Benchmark: Program Coordinator 1/Advocate Hybrid
Grid Level: 10 (Wage Scale: $20.93-$22.71/hour)
Closing Date: 5:00 Closing Friday Oct 2, 2015
This is a regular full-time one year contract position under the Community Subsector Collective Agreement. This position coordinates the planning, development, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of the Treatment, Health and Wellness Information Program at Positive Living BC. Key responsibilities include researching and disseminating current information on HIV treatments, health promotion, and disease prevention; providing information, referral, and support in the development of individual treatment, health and wellness plans; managing and supporting volunteers engaged in the delivery of wellness services; and liaising with institutions in the provision of on-site practicum.
1. In consultation with the Director of Programs and Services, coordinates the planning, development, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of the Treatment, Health and Wellness Information Program.
2. Provides personalized wellness counselling to people seeking treatment, health and wellness information or access to medical treatment, health and wellness services by giving information and/or recommending other community services.
3. Provides treatment, health and wellness information expertise to the department and to the Society.
4. Researches treatment, health and wellness literature to incorporate emergent trends and issues into programming.
5. Responsible for screening, orienting, training, scheduling, and supporting volunteers engaged in the provision of treatment, health and wellness information counselling, Community Forums, the Community Health Fund and the delivery of wellness services.
6. Oversees the promotion and delivery of the Community Health Fund
7. Responsible for the development of treatment, health and wellness information materials, workshops, and presentations for community in collaboration with volunteers.
8. Plans and organizes Health Promotion community forums and lunch and learns; coordinates logistics, secures expert participation, and in collaboration with the Communications Department develops promotional materials and liaises with sponsoring pharmaceutical representatives. .
9. Networks with treatment, health and wellness information providers and pharmaceutical representatives.
10. Participates on the Positive Living Editorial Board and raises relevant treatment, health and wellness issues. Provides support to volunteers writing treatment, health and wellness related articles for the magazine, and researches and writes articles as assigned.
11. Participates ex officio on the Programs and Services Standing Committee and the Health Promotion Sub-committee.
12. Maintains program statistics and prepares statistical summaries and other reports as required and assigned.
13. Assists the Director in the preparation of funding initiatives to government and pharmaceutical companies.
Education, Training and Experience
• Bachelor degree in a related field such as social work, health promotion, or health sciences
• Knowledge of the determinants of health, health promotion, disease prevention, harm reduction approaches, and health care systems.
• Knowledge of current HIV treatments, complementary and alternative therapies and related issues.
• Two years recent, related experience
• Experience in peer-based program delivery
• Experience in volunteer management
• Experience in developing new initiatives from conception to implementation
• Experience with social media marketing and networking
• Computer literate
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
• Reliable research skills
• Ability to perform multiple tasks in a demanding environment.
• Ability to empathize with and empower persons living with HIV/AIDS and to work with diverse communities.
• Ability to prioritize workload and work independently.
• Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team.
CUPE Local 3495
This position is covered by the terms and conditions of the prevailing Community Sub-sector Collective Agreement. CUPE Local 3495. Qualified members of CUPE 3495 will be given first consideration.
Please submit a resume and a letter of application addressing the duties of the position, by email only, to Machushla Graham, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00pm Closing, Friday October 2, 2015
Persons Living With HIV are strongly encouraged to apply