COVID-19 Treatments in the Outpatient Setting
WHERE: Register online at: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8257542752582488333
WHEN: Wednesday March 9th, 12-1:00 PM PST
COST: Free registration
The webinar will be presented by:
Dr. Peter Phillips
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of British Columbia
Dr. Junine Toy, PharmD
Senior Manager for the Drug Treatment Program
BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
On completion of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the currently available treatment options for patients with mild-moderate COVID-19 in the outpatient setting
- Identify those patients with COVID-19 infection who are high priority for receiving treatment based upon their risk of hospitalization or death
- Summarize the precautions, and contraindications for COVID-19 treatments
- Recognize and be aware of drug interactions associated with paxlovidTM (nirmatrelvir/ritonavir), including its use in people living with HIV (PLWH)
- Describe the practical aspects of accessing COVID-19 treatments for outpatients
Cost: Free registration.
Please register for the webinar by clicking the following link:
Presentations will be followed by a discussion where participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and receive real-time responses from presenters.
This event is accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the British Columbia Chapter for up to 1 Mainpro+ credit.
Please note the session will be recorded and available after the event on the BC-CfE’s website at education.bccfe.ca/webinars
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact BC-CfE’s Education and Training team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.